Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee in Singapore?!?!

KIN KIN CHILLI PAN MEE
534 MacPherson Road, Singapore 368220

HAVE YOU NOT HEARD?!?! Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee is in Singapore. A while back, I was in KL and I had the pleasures of trying out delicious delicacies only authentically served in Malaysia. I was brought to varies restaurants that proved Singapore food will never beat the standards and quality of what Malaysians are able to offer. 

One of the places I'd visited was Publika Shopping Gallery where one of the BEST Chilli Pan Mees are available. No prizes for guessing that it was KIN KIN Chilli Pan Mee. I'd mentioned 2 posts back that I would talk more about the franchised restaurant in Singapore, so here it is! Thank you Mr Tan Lih Shing, Mr and Mrs Goh Lay Poh and Mr Alex Lim! 

Thanks to these bosses of Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee, we can all finally enjoy REALLY GOOD food. Okay, first things first, I just want to say that whatever I'll be saying in this post isn't biased or whatsoever. It is NOT an ad (I'm not a food blogger anyway) and everyone who've already tried KIN KIN would know that I'm not faking how good the bowl of noodles tastes.
You've probably already read some articles about how the restaurant is really packed now and that you have to wait almost 2 hours to be served. Fai and I were lucky that we'd visited the restaurant way much earlier before the hype so we were served on the spot and there were still a lot of seats available then. From what I've heard, it's not recommended to head down now because you'll probably get angry waiting. 

Service wise, the waiters were alert and efficient. However, since it's a really new shop, they have a lack of manpower so be prepared to wait a little longer before you can finally sink your teeth into the most delicious pan mee you'll ever taste. (oh gosh, I'm craving for it now!)

Fai and I had a little chat with the boss and we'd asked why he didn't offer side dishes. And his reply was simply along the lines of "We already have signature dishes and it's better if we concentrate on them so that they'd taste their best". Passion indeed.
We waited for about 7 minutes or so? And our Pan Mees were finally here! Unlike what we are used to in Singapore, these Pan Mees or what we like to call, Ban Mian, are served dry. The signature chilli is served separately, which is great so you can control how spicy you want your noodles to be. Trust me, you'd want to go easy on the chilli because too much of it is REALLY spicy.
Kin Kin Chilli: Spicy, but really yummy
Mix all the ingredients in and enjoy! I can't seem to put to words how great they taste. It's just a lovely combination of hawker, home-cooked and kampong taste that's uniquely South East Asian. HAHA. Oh gosh, where did that come from. Anyway, Kin Kin Chilli Pan Mee is a must try and I'll definitely be back for more. I think I might just be a regular customer. I mean they've been around in KL for more than 30 years! This is a dish that you won't wanna miss out on.
They're located at 
534 MacPherson Road, 
Singapore 368220

Go on and give it a try! And all the best to the owner of Kin Kin! 
He's such a nice and humble man.
Thanks for reading!

xoxo,
Eunice Annabel

2 comments:

  1. But this not the best Pan Mee which served in Malaysia.
    You should try 辣椒板面and媚姨辣椒板面 in Malaysia if there's any chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friendly and quick. For a person who hated going to the dentist I am not dreading my next cleaning!
    Painless Root Canal Treatment In Chennai

    ReplyDelete

);